1. Welcome and roll call: Bill Kennedy President of the NRCC welcomed all in attendance for the annual general meeting. Bill advised all in attendance that in order to vote on matters one must be the recognized delegate of a member club in good standing of the NRCC.
5. Report from the September 20 director meeting was read by Marg. There were 10 directors in attendance. FT Marshal Chris Bayles gave a report on how well things were going. Judges getting along, happy with grounds and excellent work crew. Most tests are set up. Club has social events in order. Disappointed in the low entry.
a. Report on 2013 National Amateur was given by Marg Murray who was FT Secretary for this national. Stampede city Retriever Club, the host club, was very pleased with how this national went. Good entry, 55 dogs, club rented the town of Rowley, AB, which is a ghost town, which has 7 residents. All enjoyed pizza night at Sam’s Bar and Saloon to start off the national. Club had Saturday night at Sam’s, Sunday was opening banquet in Morrin, Monday was Canada day celebration, Tuesday was Alberta Retriever clubs night, Wednesday was Workers party, Thursday was 4th of July celebrations and Friday was a pot luck, so competitors and workers were well fed at all of these evenings. Judges had 17 quarter sections of land and water to choose from and competitors had 16 quarter sections of land and water to train on. Club did not actively fund raise, but still managed to make a profit of $3430, and that is without the Tritronics $1500, which has never been received. Dennis Voigt is to look into why this money has not been received, for either of the two 2013 nationals, and to report back to host clubs.
b. 2014 National to be hosted by the Alberta Field Trial Club, to be held near Strathmore, Alberta, from September 14th to 20th with a Sunday start. Marg Murray gave a report. Marg stated that the proposal is well prepared and presented. All committees are in place, banquet facility has been secured, and there will be ample pre-trial training grounds. Judges will be staying in a nice motel, the Strathmore Days Inn, in Strathmore. Strathmore has all amenities and is only half an hour east of the Calgary Airport.
Motion: by Dan Yeomans to approve the Alberta Field Trial Club as host for the 2014 national. Seconded by Charles Dygos. Motion carried.
c. 2014 National Amateur: letter of intent has been submitted by Peter Martin to host the 2014 National Amateur at Kapuskasing, Ontario. Peter has not submitted a formal proposal, nor a budget, even though he was supplied with these items. After discussion Charles Dygos Motion: to accept Peter’s letter of intent conditional on dated proposal and budget being presented. Lee Woodhouse seconded. Motion carried.
d. 2015 National: Saskatoon Retriever has submitted a proposal, which the directors have asked them to submit for 2016 as it would then be on the correct side of the Manitoba/Ontario border. They have said they would host 2016 National instead.
7. Financials of the National Retriever Club of Canada. Marg presented the un-audited financial statements of the NRCC from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013. She noted that the NRCC has a total of $39,793.50 in liabilities and equity. After a brief discussion of highlights of the financials Bill called for a motion to approve. Motion by Kevin Cheff to accept the financials as presented, seconded by Ray Smith. Motion carried.
Marg also presented a verbal budget forecast for the coming year. Budget forecast did not give a positive outlook for 2013–2014, forecast predicts a loss in revenue of approximately $1500 or more.
Motion: by Kevin Cheff to accept the budget, Chris Bayles seconded, Motion carried.
Appoint Auditor: Noted that no Auditor Report for current Financials. Motion by Connie Swanson to appoint Dawne McKenzie as auditor, seconded by Gail Komadoski, Motion carried.
8. Review the organization of the 2013 National and appoint the Field Trial Committee. Marg mentioned that Chris Bayles, head marshal would be the chairman of the committee and that Dave Thompson, Field trial chairman would automatically be on the committee, need to appoint three other members to represent the zones where the national is not being held.
9. Set fee schedule for 2014 club dues, running dog fee and national entry fees. As per the director meeting Motion by Charles Dygos to have the 2014 club dues remain at the current $75., running dog fees to remain at the current $100. Per dog and the national entry fee to remain at the current fee of $250, seconded by Ray Smith. Motion carried
b. Webmaster / communications officer – Dona Martin is the webmaster / communications officer. Motion by Ray Smith that the NRCC discuss the current honorarium of $2500. per annum for the webmaster/communications officer at the 2nd director meeting. Seconded by Connie Swanson. Motion carried.
c. National Corporate Sponsorship Liaison: Dennis Voigt will remain as the Corporate Sponsor Liaison between the NRCC and the sponsors. Bruce Macdonald will be Club Sponsor Liaison between NRCC and host clubs.
a. Bylaw revision: Motion by Ray Smith that Bruce Macdonald and his committee, including Dona Martin and Kevin Cheff will review the bylaws of the NRCC and prepare an update for the 2014 AGM, seconded by Connie Swanson. Motion carried
b. Special Policies on National Amateurs amended. Motion: by Dennis Voigt to state that professional trainers may be allowed to be on line in their official capacity as a committee member at a National Amateur, seconded by Connie Swanson. Motion carried
c. Secretary / Treasurer position has been split into Secretary and Treasurer. Motion by Kevin Cheff to have the directors look at the secretary position, seconded by Chris Bayles. Bruce Macdonald read from the Bylaws so following a discussion, no decision was deemed necessary.
d. Increase income for the NRCC: Discussion on how to do so resulted in a motion by Rich Dresser. Motion: Rich Dresser moved that the directors form a committee to look at ways to generate income for the NRCC and the director committee is to report back to the AGM meeting next year, seconded by Jim Ling. Motion carried